Sr. Cloud Consultant (Woodhaven)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
About 2nd Watch
2nd Watch is an AWS Partner Network (APN) Premier Consulting Partner and Microsoft Azure Gold Partner providing professional and managed cloud services to enterprises who need to transform their business to become more agile and innovative. The companys subject matter experts and software-enabled services provide companies with tested, proven, and trusted solutions with a focus on five solution areas: Enterprise Cloud Migration, Security and Compliance, Cloud Native and DevOps, Optimization, and Managed Services. The venture-backed company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit www.2ndwatch.com or call 888-###-####.Why 2nd Watch
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking to build out our existing teams. We are looking for like-minded, focused team members to join us! We offer roles ranging from all levels in our Sales, Managed Cloud Services, Cloud Enablement, DevOps, Product Development teams and beyond. We are looking for superstars and are raising the bar setting industry-level standards around AWS and Azure services, product management and delivery.Where you fit:
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams. Getting our attention takes creativity, ingenuity, a desire to improve each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting, both positively and negatively, while you are getting the right stuff done.
We are looking for a the most technically forward-thinking, cloud-passionate employees in the world and work daily to align our core values with those that we hire - Fearlessness, Tenacity, Humility, Customer Focus, Empowering One Another, Working Together, Winning as a Team, Honesty, Transparency, Having FUN these are all key elements to who we hire.Position Title:Sr. Cloud ConsultantThe ideal candidate is someone who:
Operates with the highest levels of integrity
Thinks Big and takes on Big Challenges
Has a continuous thirst for knowledge and is a perpetual learner
Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
Has a passion for technologyExpertise you bring:
Education, skills and experience you possess:
- We're building our team with talented and passionate Sr. Cloud Engineers who will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a broad use of Amazon's utility computing web resources.
- Were hiring exceptional Cloud Engineers to work with our customers. 2nd Watch puts our customers first and we obsess over ensuring their trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in a constantly changing technology arena like cloud-computing, it requires building a world-class team to tackle unforeseen challenges.
- Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects.
- Developing a deep expertise in AWS technologies.
- Being subject matter expert and taking on a consultative role as it pertains to cloud adoption.
- Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
- Evangelize security within 2nd Watch and be an advocate for keeping customer information secure
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits and Perks of working at 2nd Watch
- Must possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent 2nd Watch well within a solution providers environment as well as directly to our customers
- Drive discussions with senior personnel within the company and possess a technical background that enables them to easily interact with and give guidance to software developers and architects
- Working knowledge of AWS and/or Azure, or experience building High-Availability or High Traffic infrastructure
- Linux Engineer: 5-10 years of Linux experience. They must be high-level subject matter expert with multiple distros (RHEL, CentOS, etc), Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, OpenVZ, VMware, Chef, Puppet
- Windows Engineer: 5-10 years of Windows experience designing solutions with technologies like: MSSQL, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, IIS 7 & 8, Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V,etc.
- The successful candidate will be highly technical and analytical
- Demonstrate 5-10 years of implementation/consulting experience
- Possess experience working within the software development or Internet industries
- Understanding of application, server, and network security
- Working knowledge of Python, Powershell, Puppet and Terraform
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
- Industry certifications
- You will have access to several customer production sites and applications. Confidentiality and non-disclosure of client information is a requirement and non-negotiable
- Familiarity of a disaster recovery process and reporting security breaches is desired
- Familiarity with and experience working with the following compliance standards: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI (Add more if needed)
- Up to 60% travel may be required
Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and all employees are bonus eligible
- 401(k) with company stock plans to all employees
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision coverage for all employees and 90% paid for family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- No limit / regulation on Paid Time Off We let you manage yourself.
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, focus on Philanthropy and giving back to the communities we support
Powered by JazzHR
Associated topics: business, business advisory, business analysis, business systems, client, crm, customer, information technology consultant, market, sap
Loading some great jobs for you...