Loading some great jobs for you...
The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the planning, coordination and delivery of quality care
services to the client and accountable for the agency s adherence and compliance to federal,
state, and local laws, accreditation, agency policies and standards.
1. Carries out the agency s mission, philosophy, goals and objectives within guidelines of
Agency policy and position function.
2. Interprets and implements the Agency s philosophy to staff and members of the community.
3. Complies with accepted ethical conduct and professional standards of nursing practice as
set forth by the American Nurses association.
4. Provides leadership in promoting and maintaining standards.
5. Develops work methods and procedures that facilitates the rendering of high quality care.
6. Monitors the changing needs of the client and/or family.
7. Supervises the implementation of the Physician s Plan of Treatment.
8. Coordinates the total Plan of Care with the appropriate resources.
9. Responsible for maintenance of current and accurate client records.
10. Maintains liaison with the community s health and health-related resources.
11. Monitors the skills and services of the field employee.
12. Evaluates the employees under his/her supervision.
13. Participates is employee development and compliance activities.
14. Participates in the selection and orientation of new employees.
15. Assists in planning and facilitates the in-service educational programs.
16. Conducts HHA training and PCA upgrade classes, and CNA transitions, as necessary.
17. Maintains ongoing communication with office staff and participates in staff conferences.
18. Interprets policies and procedures to non-nursing personnel.
19. Documents all client-related activities in accord with procedural recording requirements and
in a timely manner.
20. Responds to change productively and performs other job-related tasks and duties as
21. Participates in Performance improvement activities as required.
22. Participates in evaluation overall position performance, goal setting and achievement, and
performance improvement plan.
23. Provides hands on nursing care to patients at the ArchCare facility Murray Weigel Hall in
emergency situations when LPN staff are not available.
24. Administers PPD and FLU vaccines to staff as needed.
25. Serves as the on call nurse every other week and responds to emergency calls and/or
performs client/patient visits when indicated.
A Registered Nurse with clinical experience and minimum1 year supervisory experience
Currently licensed (in good standing) in New York state
Must meet educational/experience requirements outlined in NY State licensure laws
Skilled in writing, reading and comprehension in English
Able to lift, push, and full light to moderate loads
Current driver s license, required insurance, and care available for work as required
Bi-lingual - Spanish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of the principles and practices of community health nursing and its relationship
to other health services.
Demonstrated competence in supervision.
Knowledge of geographic area, resources of the community and sensitivity to community
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff and the
Awareness of development levels of staff and ability to identify problem areas affecting staff
Ability to set the climate for productive work.
Knowledge of the value of therapies and consultative services to enhance patient care
Loading some great jobs for you...