Certified Nurses Assistant-Massasoit
Compensation: $89,330.00 - $131,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Come join a friendly and diverse team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a part-time (16 hrs/wk) Certified Nursing Assistant in Worcester.
Massasoit Rd is a one floor residential treatment program serving eight adult individuals struggling with persistent mental illness who potentially have co-occurring medical conditions or are mobility-impaired. Massasoit staff also provide outreach to six supported community living residents. The program provides a variety of services where a team of staff implement treatment plans based on the specific needs of persons served. Services include but are not limited to: mental health services, social recreational groups, assisting with activities of daily living such as personal-hygiene and self-care skills, and medication management.
CNA provides direct care, both medical and non-medical to Persons in performing daily living skills. Ensuring that the Person is comfortable is properly cared for. Tasks may include, but are not limited to keeping the bed dry and comfortable, ensuring the Persons bedroom is clean and organized; asking them if there is anything they need, whether they are too cool or too warm, and assessing the Persons privacy needs and tending to them in the appropriate manner
Benefits:Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualificationsHealth and Dental insurance (available upon starting)Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation timeCEU benefitsLife and Disability insurance401k with agency contributionWellness activity discountsWork related travel reimbursement
* Taking vitals (blood-pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration) signs as ordered by physician.
* Conducts medical monitoring activities consistent with qualifications under direction of the R.N.
* Measuring statistics. Recording intake and output, height, and weight.
* Obtaining routine lab samples that do not require laboratory personnel to complete.
* Helping individuals with ADL's (activities of daily living) for which they need assistance, such as bathing, assistance with ADL's when incontinent, grooming, combing hair, brushing teeth, shaving, putting on stockings and/or slippers, dressing, ambulation, toileting and other personal care activities as necessary.
* Helping Persons to move, transfer from bed to chair, or transporting them to other facilities for testing or treatment.
* Infection control. Every medical employee is responsible for infection control, but because of the constant contact the CNA has with persons served, it is critical for the CNA to know and follow proper protocol in avoiding the spread of germs and spores which transport disease.
* Observation and reporting. Observing the persons and surroundings assists the Nurse/Program Coordinator/Assistant Coordinator to assess the progress of the persons as well as any needs the persons might have for medical intervention. The certified nursing assistant will also observe and remove any potential hazards which could cause accidents or injury to Persons.
* Communication among the health-care team, of which the CNA is a vital part, is critical. Timely and precise communication is a key element in avoiding errors in persons treatment. The CNA will be trained in documentation, in observation, and in reporting, both to the Nurse/Program Coordinator/Assistant Coordinator as well as to one's replacement at shift change, or one's end-of-shift report.
* Work with Persons to maintain the residence on a daily basis including chores, grocery shopping, cooking, bedroom upkeep, and other related housekeeping duties.
* Participation in IAP development, documentation of Daily Logs, Service Notes, Incident Reporting, Medication Documentation of medication dispensing, and other documentation as required.
* Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
* Perform other related job duties.
* Grade 6: CNA- Applicants must have a Certified Nursing Assistance Certificate
* Minimum of a high school diploma/GED/HiSet required; Associates degree preferred
* Candidates with training in CPR, First Aid, Vital Signs, and MAP are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Current valid US-issued drivers license and ability to provide registered, inspected and insured automobile for work related purposes including transporting clients in a personal vehicle or company van
* Must be able pass required trainings including Medication Administration Program (MAP), CPR and First Aid within first 5 month of employment
* Must be able to pass a CORI background check
* All bilingual candidates are strongly urged to apply.
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care, mhb, neonatal, surgery, tcu, transitional, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...