Security Officer- Arroyo Grande and Santa Maria Campuses
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Marian Regional Medical Center
, located in Santa Maria, CA, is nationally ranked among the top 10% in the nation for safety core measures in Cardiac Services and has the only comprehensive Cancer treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. In April 2012, Marian opened its doors to a brand new state-of-the-art facility which houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day. Marian's new hospital includes 191 beds, expanded and enhanced Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, NICU and women's services.
Marian is a Dignity Health member of the Central Coast, which also includes
Arroyo Grande Community Hospital
in Arroyo Grande, CA and
French Hospital Medical Center
in San Luis Obispo, CA. Dignity Health of the Central Coast is recognized for the highest quality hospitals, physicians from the top medical schools in the country, primary care offices to ensure access for all patients, premier ambulatory surgery centers, technologically advanced imaging centers, outpatient services and a comprehensive home health service; all recognized for quality, safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to provide additional funding to support new programs and services, as well as to advance the community's access to health care.
The Security Officer is expected to provide a reasonably safe and secure environment for all who enter Dignity Health properties and to assure the physical security of buildings and grounds. It is expected that the security officer will demonstrate behavior consistent with Dignity Health core value and humankindness. The security officer shall support Dignity Health's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities. Responsibilities include:
- Protecting staff, patients, and visitors by responding to calls for assistance in a timely and prudent manner such as violent or unruly patients, visitors, crimes committed or in progress, opening doors, and responding to emergency codes.
- Patrol the facility and grounds by foot or vehicle; monitor security alarms and dispatch officers promptly to location(s) where needed, and report unsafe acts or conditions.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures, equipment, supplies, reports HIPPA breaches if witnessed; investigate security breaches, conduct follow-up investigations, and write incident reports.
- Log all activities in a daily log to accurately record events; and (2) complete clear, concise, and legible reports in a timely manner; use appropriate emergency and radio codes in dispatching security officers while knowing hospital campus to ensure that those dispatched are to right location.
security, officer, guard, safety, protection, guard card, IAHSS, law enforcement, military service, police , public safety
OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
- Six (6) months experience as a security officer in a hospital or healthcare setting, prior law enforcement or military service; or one (1) year experience as a security officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent; or three (3) years' experience as a security officer.
- Current driver's license issued by the state wherein the position is posted with satisfactory DMV report on file or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire; (2) current state issued security officer license, showing no disciplinary actions; (3) workplace violence training annually.
- Must be able to speak English, communicate clearly orally, and in writing; understand and use de-escalation techniques.
- Completion of IAHSS Basic Training for Healthcare Security Officer within 90 days, and American Heart Association CPR/BLS Certification within 90 days of hire.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us! Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
Dignity Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at
and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Dignity Health participates in E-verify.
Loading some great jobs for you...