- Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center
- $89,330.00 -131,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
26 Dilla St
To collaborate with the health care team in the delivery of quality primary medical care for patients of all ages, races, and ethnicities. Adhering to designated nursing procedures within the scope of training, registered nurses (RNs) assess and treat and educate patients about various medical conditions. Registered nurses also coordinate care and provide advice and emotional support to patients family members. The RN I is a member of the clinical practice team and works collaboratively with other team members in providing patient care. As part of the team-based approach to care, the RN I will participate in coordinating care for individual patients, will support patients and families in self-management, through evidenced-based approaches as may be appropriate, will engage in health center projects that are aimed at specific patient population needs, and will utilize effective and appropriate communication strategies, such as health literacy approaches when working with patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct patient care within the scope of licensure including, but not limited to, patient assessment, administration of vaccinations, medications, and treatments.
- Provide patient education as necessary and appropriate.
- Delegate appropriate patient care activities within the organization to ensure smooth patient flow.
- Facilitate coordination of patient care outside the organization by activities including, but not limited to medication management, review of diagnostic test results, and follow up on outside services provided (i.e. ER visits, consults).
- Perform POC testing as necessary.
- Document patient care in the EHR in accordance with health center and nursing standards.
- Modifies patient care as age appropriate.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as they pertain to nursing practice
Additional Job Functions:
- Triage (in person or via telephone) patients who present with acute symptoms.
- Request medical interpretation services as necessary.
- Provide nursing-centered services through nursing visits, chronic disease visits and family planning visits.
- Assist in training new nursing staff or precepting students.
- Check standard stock medications, emergency medication box and oxygen tank on weekly basis.
- Manage vaccine program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor(s), including quality assurance activities, patient s follow-up and tracking duties.
Critical Demands of the Job:
- Adhere to approved infection control and safety procedures.
- Establish proficiency in the use of the Electronic Health Records (EHR) system.
- Actively demonstrate a working knowledge of nursing theory, techniques, principles, and practice in order to holistically care for the patient.
- Communicate with all staff, patients, and families with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Consistently seek educational tools in order to broaden knowledge base of various age groups, diseases, and best practices.
- Comply with all Health Center policies and procedures, while upholding the high expectations of EMKCHC.
- Accountable and responsible for each specific patient assigned while under direct supervision of the assigned Assistant Nurse Manager, Nurse Manager, or Practice Manager.
- Attend all relevant departmental and center wide meetings and trainings.
- Is punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts.
- MA Registered Nurse License.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
- 2-5 years nursing experience with emphasis on community nursing health education and urgent care.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team.
Associated topics: bsn, care, care unit, ccu, intensive, neonatal, nurse clinical, psychatric, recovery, registed
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...