Michigan Based Clinic Recruiting a Full-time Bariatric Surgeon
- Recognized as the nation's leading bariatric surgery program.
- National search underway for a skilled surgeon who is Board certified/eligible with advanced laparoscopic training.
- Competitively-salaried position with option for RVU model compensation.
- Inpatient Hospital located in a suburb of Ann Arbor, MI solely dedicated to the care of bariatric patients.
- Patients receiving bariatric care are provided incomparable outcomes through highly trained professionals utilizing specialized equipment and quality supplies. This care is enhanced by a facility solely dedicated to bariatrics and designed to meet the unique needs of bariatric patients.
- The caregivers are selectively recruited to join a highly specialized team of professionals with a passion for serving bariatric patients.
- Medical staff utilizes a team approach, with input from multiple disciplines, all working together to ensure the most comprehensive care and long-term success for their patients.
- Focus exclusively on bariatrics.
- This specialization enables their surgeons to better determine appropriate candidates for bariatric surgery, perform surgery with fewer complications, more quickly detect and resolve complications before they become life-threatening, and better assist patients in their achievement of weight loss goals.
- Another instrumental member of this team is the bariatric internist (or bariatrician) who assists the surgeon with preoperative evaluations and managing the patient?s care on the nursing floor post-operatively.
- Team of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)-certified surgical nurses and technicians, floor nurses and aides, dietitians, respiratory therapists, laboratory and radiology technicians, pharmacists and hospitality services staff shares the organization?s commitment to quality.
- Operating rooms are equipped with modern, high definition laparoscopic video equipment.
- Anesthesia machines are specially equipped to accommodate obese patients and fiber-optic intubation scopes are available to the anesthesiologists.
- Modern telemetry equipment is used to monitor patients post-operatively and large capacity beds are furnished for improved patient comfort.
- Located near Ann Arbor, MI
Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician