Loading some great jobs for you...
POSITION TITLE: Family Physician
DEPARTMENT: Adult Medicine
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
To ensure that patient care is provided in a high quality, efficient, and cost effective manner, physician providers 1) provide direct outpatient care to patients with acute and chronic illness utilizing the most current clinical standards and protocols; 2) lead a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) clinical team, 3) support midlevel providers, nursing staff, and other support staff; and 4) participate in all quality improvement and peer review activities, as well as staff trainings.
1. Directs outpatient care including the assessment and treatment of adult acute and chronic disease utilizing prudent clinical judgment and current standards of care.
2. Directs outpatient care including the assessment and treatment of pediatric acute and chronic disease utilizing prudent clinical judgment and current standards of care.
3. Directs outpatient care including the assessment and treatment of gynecologic and prenatal acute and chronic disease utilizing prudent clinical judgment and current standards of care.
4. Uses of prudent clinical judgment and current clinical standards in the ordering of laboratory, radiographic, and diagnostic studies.
5. Uses of prudent judgment and current clinical standards in the interpretation and follow up of all data obtained from laboratory, radiographic, and diagnostic studies.
6. Uses of prudent and evidence based clinical judgment in referring patients to specialty care.
7. Fosters a team based approach to care in keeping with PCMH standards.
8. Works collaboratively with peers, always maintaining a collegial and pleasant work environment.
9. Considers the influence of socioeconomic and environmental factors in the assessment and development of treatment plans for acute and chronic disease.
10. Follows regional and federal guidelines in the reporting of communicable diseases.
11. Performs clinical procedures in keeping with sound clinical judgment and evidence based primary care.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
OBSERVES FHCCGLA POLICY/PROCEDURES REGARDING CONDUCT IN THE WORK PLACE:
1. Observes regulations on time card use and reporting.
2. Maintains attendance as per policy.
3. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
4. Observes Fire and Safety policy and procedures.
5. Observes general Safety/Employee Health policies and procedures.
6. Maintains a current annual health screening.
7. Observes FHCCGLA Appearance/Dress standards.
8. Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of both client and employee with regard to medical records.
9. Displays clearly visible identification.
10. Treats all patients with respect and dignity and adheres to the Patient s Bill of Rights.
11. Treats all employees with respect and dignity in accordance to non-discriminatory policy and procedure.
12. Treats all employees/clients in a courteous and professional manner.
13. Conducts only work related conversations when clients are waiting for service.
14. Does not discuss other staff members, policies, problems or medical care in public areas of the clinic.
Graduate M.D. or D.O. from an accredited medical college.
Current Unrestricted California Medical License.
Current Valid DEA Controlled Substance Registration Certificate.
Current Family Medicine Board Certification or Eligibility.
Board-eligible and/or Board-certified is required.
Possible Student Loan Repayment.
Loading some great jobs for you...