SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL
1. Responsible for clinical management of
2. Functions as a Registered Nurse by role
- modeling professional behavior.
3. Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource
4. Assures satisfaction of customers
(patients, visitors, physicians and staff)
5. Participates and understands Quality
6. Demonstrates effective communication
7. Demonstrates understanding of hospital
and departmental policies and procedures.
8. Promotes cost effective unit
9. Documents nursing care utilizing the
10. Maintains competencies in clinical areas
and is responsible for professional growth and development.
11. Complies with professional, regulatory,
governmental and departmental standards.
Required: Graduation from an
accredited School of Nursing.
Required: Licensed or eligible for
licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse.
Required: Previous experience in an
acute care facility preferred.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.