Loading some great jobs for you...
The LicensedPractical Nurse provides nursing care according to the physicians’ orders andin conformance with the ANA Standards of Practice and Care, ANA Code of Ethics,unit specific standards, patient care policies and procedures, unit specificpolicies and procedures, and the Louisiana Nurse Practice Act. The LPN will assist in maintaining a safe,neat and clean physical enviroment in the unit. Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the LPN is proficient inperforming supportive patient care and reports the patient’s signs, symptomsand any unusual occurrences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• TheLicensed Practical Nurse works under the direction of the Registered Nurse
• Obtainsinformation to contribute to an accurate and current patient assessment,patient care and discharge plan
• Deliverscompassionate care to patients and supports members of the patient’s family
• Includesthe patient and caregivers in this process to obtain accurateinformation/history and contributes to the RN’s assessment
• Evaluatesthe patient’s needs, reports findings in a timely manner, evaluates the patientfrequently to determine changes in condition/needs and performs basic nursingmonitoring skills, as well as contributes to a current patientassessment-I&O, IV, VS
• Gathersinformation appropriately using sound nursing assessment skills, properinterviewing techniques and collaborates with the multi-disciplinary team indischarge planning
• Demonstratescompetency and knowledge of current standards of practice
• Accuratelyperforms current practice standards and performs basic nursing skills in acompetent manner
• Administersmedication correctly and carries out orders promptly
• Isresponsible for accurately documenting patient care in a timely manner beingattentive to detail when documenting procedures, medication, IV maintenance andabnormal findings
• Shoulddemonstrate knowledge of disease process, recognize abnormal conditions andreports valid patient care conditions and changes
• Providespatient care in an organized manner, utilizing knowledge of nursingprocess-assessments, planning, interventions and evaluations
• Underthe direction of the direction of the RN, the LPN will interpret theinformation needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to the age-specificneeds
• Providesindividualized health education to the patient and caregivers to specificallymeet the patient’s needs related to the current diagnosis
• Theeducation process is from admission through discharge and includes all agegroups pertaining to the patient population served
• Providescare in a safe and therapeutic environment
• LPNsassigned to Hyperbarics Department: Properly operates the T Com machine, thelaser Doppler and CBG machine. Under thesupervision of the RN, the LPN also participates in wound care management,assists the physician with debridements, biopsies and suture set up as well as performingwound photography and documenting
To perform this jobsuccessfully and individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listedbelow are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
• Maintains currentlicensure as Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Louisiana
• CPT Certification
• IV Therapy
• Must comply with all Standard of Behavior
• Adhere to all requirements, policies, procedures and mandatory trainingas identified by LGMC
• Various types of medical instruments and equipment
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium work as defined by the US Department of Laborconstitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting or movingof patients as well as walking about from patient’s rooms, as well as to andfrom various hospital areas
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...