Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Live the MissionPosition Summary
Education, Experience, and Licensure/Certifications
- The Social Worker plans, organizes, develops, and implements Social Services programs ensure all medically-related emotional and social needs of patients are met in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
- Reports to Social Services Director
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State (if required by State law). Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment. (Not applicable in Hawaii)
- Must have a bachelorâ s degree in a human services field (which may include gerontology) if working in a facility with 120 or more beds (see State law)
- Two (2) yearsâ experience in health-care social work preferred
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of social services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing social services functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the social services department
- Must perform proficiently in all applicable competency areas
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Careâ s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to plan, organize, develop, and implement social services program that meets the medically-related social and emotional needs of patients as well as State, Federal, corporate, and division guidelines
- Must be able to act as a patient advocate and provide education to staff regarding patient rights
- Must be able to chart appropriately and timely
- Must be able to assist patients and families through education, financial planning assistance, liaison with community agencies, etc.
- Must be able to follow-up to evaluate compliance with social services programs and patient plans
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively within an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs floor to waist, lift 20 lbs waist to shoulder, lift and carry 20 lbs, and push/pull 20 lbs
An Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...