The company operates within the Health Care industry.Responsible for the overall operations for the assigned nursing unit and ensures the delivery of efficient, high quality patient care and services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Works with employees and other managers/supervisors to develop systems and procedures necessary for daily operations, and provides training, information and support to solve problems and accomplish assigned objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Current, valid, and active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment required.
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications required.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Critical care experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of operations, including staffing and scheduling, budget management, workflow planning and staff development.
- Ability to manage the practice of nursing within the mission of the hospital.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in recruitment and hire of qualified staff.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Associated topics: ambulatory, infusion, intensive, neonatal, nurse clinical, psychiatric, surgery, surgical, transitional, unit