Bronx, NYZip Code:
MJHS Hospice & Palliative CareStatus:
Office-based Do you have a \"\"Hospice Heart\"\"?
If your answer is yes, then you are just the nurse we are looking for. When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans ! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
In this position you will provide end of life care to all patients accepted to our Hospice Program and admitted to our Hospice Residence in the Bronx. You will assess, plan intervene and evaluate all care provide to your patients . You will also provide patient and family teaching and document all care provided. You will collaborate with all members of the interdisciplinary team andattend weekly interdiciplinary team meetings, case conferences and any inservices provided.This position is twelve and a half hour shifts and you will be required to work every other weekend. home care, nursing, RN, homecare, nurse, hospice, home care hospice, hospice nurse, hospice rnQualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York.
- Must have a minimum of two years RN experience in med/surg, oncology, hospice or critical care.
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills a must.
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care preferred but must obtain certification within one year of hire.
Giving you what you need to achieve the right balance in your career is a top priority at MJHS. After all, when you feel valued, respected and appreciated, it's easier to care about others in return.
With a comprehensive range of services combined into one integrated health system, MJHS is able to offer you many unique opportunities to deliver world-class patient care. You have the option to provide direct care, explore case management or advance into leadership here at one of New York's leading health systems.
Associated topics: care unit, ccu, hospice, intensive care, nurse rn, psychatric, psychiatric, registed, staff nurse, transitional