Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.Job ID
Einstein/Resnick - BronxPosting Date
Regular Full-TimePOSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- * Maintain adequate inventory of lab and / or clinical supplies.
- * Oversee and assist junior level Medical Assistants and Phelbotomists with their job responsibilities.
- * Handles administrative duties such as training, scheduling, quality assurance and monitors workflow.
- * Perform venipuncture (blood draws)
- * Process specimens per protocol. Oversees specimen shipping - coordinate pick-ups and tracking of specimens.
- * Interview and record participants information (such as medical history, meds, nutrition, sleep, physical activity, neurocognitive, etc)
- * Perform electrocardiograms; record height, weight, blood pressure, urine specimens; dental information, hearing, etc.
- * Obtain informed consent after necessary training
- * Conform to all applicable HIPAA and safety guidelines
- * Perform clinical and and lab procedures including, but not limited to: spirometry, ECG, pipetting, Centrifuging, equipment calibration and maintenance, dispensing/receipt logs.
- * Perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience
Skills and Competencies
- * Associates degree, science major, or equivalent skills and experience required.
- * License/Certification as a Phlebotomist technician, Nursing Assistant, and/or Medical Assistant required
- * Centralized training certification in multiple study areas strongly preferred
- * Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- * Must be able to communicate in a professional manner, be organized, an attentive listener and computer literate
- * Must have the ability to handle and assist with study equipment and surveys
- * Must be proficient in processing blood specimens by accessioning, spinning and packaging for transport, and have knowledge of all blood and urine specimen requirements and waste/red bag disposal
- * Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule (morning to early afternoon and occasional Saturdays)
- * Availability to attend future training in/out of state required
ABOUT US ounded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation's premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.Einstein's major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty's consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art "hospital without beds", a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state's first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein's clinical faculty and training Einstein's medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing studen
Associated topics: hematopathology, laboratory, medical lab science, medical technologist, technician, technician i, technician ii, technician laboratory, technologist, toxicology
Loading some great jobs for you...