Loading some great jobs for you...
A licensed practical nurse performs selected nursing care for the subacute, convalescent and chronic patient under the direction of a registered nurse with whom he or she works in a nursing team relationship under the general supervision of the nursing supervisor.Qualifications
1. Must be a graduate of a state approved school of nursing with state accreditation at the time of graduation.
2. Must possess a current license to practice in the State of Connecticut as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
3. Knowledge and ability to perform nursing procedures for which the preparation of the Licensed Practical Nurse has provided the necessary degree of skill and judgment; performance shall be limited to those acts for which he or she has been prepared.
4. Knowledge and ability to assist with the rehabilitation of patients according to the patient care plan.
5. Knowledge and application of the principles of prevention of deformities; the normal range of motion; body mechanics and body alignment.
6. Knowledge of fundamental principles of human behavior and an appreciation of the effects of stress upon individuals and groups.
7. Ability to exercise tact, initiative, and good judgment in dealing with people.
8. Ability to observe and report to the appropriate person any signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change with the patient and/or their family.
9. Valid driver s license.
10. Must perform other duties as required by the Supervisor.
11. Acceptance of a variety of patient/caregiver lifestyles and ability to adapt to associated care delivery needs.
A. Normal range of vision is required with or without correction.
B. Normal range of hearing is required with or without correction.
C. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
D. Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
E. Must be able to speak clearly.