Sr Nursing Attendant - MICU CCU (Full Time Night Shift) (Ronkonkoma)
Compensation: $83,450.00 - $117,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr Nursing Attendant - MICU CCU.
In this role, the successful candidate assists in implementation of the nursing process by performing direct and indirect patient care to assigned patients under the supervision of the Registered Professional Nurse. Assists in maintaining an orderly and safe patient care environment and unit. Performs EKG glucometer testing and phlebotomy.
- Assemble O2 and suction set-ups
- Provides patient care to respiratory patients as determined by the protocols of specific units: Tracheostomy care, tracheal suctioning, oral suctioning, endotracheal tube suctioning and pulse oximetry readings.
- Prepares patient and assists physician with procedures such as spinal tap, paracentesis, thoracentesis, bone marrow and other specialized procedures and treatments.
- Administers NG, gastrostomy and jejunostomy feeds, including verifying feeding rates, changing bags, check for residuals, establishing patency and placement of feeding tube prior to feeding and recognizing and reporting deviation from normal.
- Observes IV sites for infiltration. Secures catheters. Removes peripheral IV catheters as directed by RN.
- Discontinues Foley catheters.
- Performs venous phlebotomy.
- Performs EKG and applies cardiac leads.
- Measure and record blood sugar using the glucose meter
- Performs other duties as aligned with the mission and values of the organization
- Performs other duties such as errands, relieving other units, bringing stretchers and assisting other members of the health team, as directed.
- Maintains cleanliness of utility rooms and pantries as assigned.
- Maintains a safe and uncluttered environment of care in patient rooms including removing excessive furniture, supplies and equipment. Assists with supply and equipment management of patient, procedure and supply rooms per department standards.
- Maintains competence through inservice and educational programs.
- Attends staff meetings and reviews/signs minutes of meetings not attended.
- Performs post mortem care.
- Responds to and meets patient/family needs and customer concerns as soon as possible with compassion and understanding. Established effective, caring relationships with staff, patients, family and other members of the health care team.
- Reports any changes observed in the patients condition to the RN.
- Performs control testing and records urine dipstick results per unit policy.
- Performs and documents safety observations for patients on continuous observation or in restraints, per policy and as directed.
- Measures and records oral intake, urinary output, bowel elimination, gastric and other drainage onto I&O record (form or electronic). Calculates 8 hour totals. Empties drainage bags.
- Weighs patients and electronically records on admission, weekly and as directed by RN.
- Takes and electronically records blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respiration, at least twice a day and as directed by the RN. Reports temperature evaluations above 99 degrees Fahrenheit and below 97 degrees Fahrenheit to RN.
- Changes linen in accordance with policy and as necessary.
- Assists with moving, lifting, positioning and transporting of patients.
- Assists with assembling traction apparatus.
- Assists with removal and security of patient personal items as indicated on pre-op check list.
- Informs RN of any audible clinical alarms such as IV pumps, feeding pumps, ventilators, bedside monitors
- Collects urine, stool and sputum specimens as directed by RN.
- Performs enema procedures: Fleets phosphosoda enema, oil retention enema, soaps suds enema, tap water enema, Harris drip.
- Performs and/or assist patient with simple treatments: Sitz bath. Binder application. Remove and reapply SCD wraps. Ace bandage application. Soaks to limbs. Simple dressing changes (normal saline). Pressure ulcer care (normal saline, hydrocolloid dsg.) Colostomy care on established colostomy patients. Application of ointments and creams including medicated topicals as directed by the RN.
- Prepares patients for meals including: Clearing overbed tables and placing them within reach of the patient. Positioning patient correctly for eating/tube feedings. Assisting patients by preparing utensils and food items. Feeding patients. Observes that tube feedings are dripping and notifies RN when feeding bags are near completion.
- Provides basic hygiene to patients: bathing, PM care, mouth care, denture care, hair care, nail and foot care, shaving, assists patients with bedpan, urinal and/or commode.
- Conducts patient rounds minimally every two hours for toileting, positioning, comfort, safety and personal needs. Answers patient call lights and responds to patient needs promptly.
- Assists with Admission/Transfer/Discharge of patients:Orients patient to hospital environment as outlined in the Patient Assessment Database. Provides patient with toileting supplies.Assists patient to remove clothes, complete property check list and safeguard personal property through Security. Assists in transfer of patients by gathering belongings, completion of clothing list and assisting in moving the patient. Prepares bedside unit to receive patients. Discharges: Assists patient to dress and pack personal belongings.
- Escorts patient as necessary and remains with the patient until he/she has left the building.
- High School Diploma Required.
- 1+ years relevant experience.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here
. Please click here
to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit
for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here
Assists in implementation of the nursing process by performing direct and indirect patient care to assigned patients under the supervision of the Registered Professional Nurse. Assists in maintaining an orderly and safe patient care environment and unit. Performs EKG glucometer testing and phlebotomy.
High School Diploma Required. 1+ years relevant experience. Strong customer service and communication skills.
Associated topics: asn, care, coronary, infusion, mhb, nurse rn, recovery, registed, tcu, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...