Mgr., Practice Operations - Derm/Surgical Specialties Clinic/PM&R
Parkland in Dallas, TX
- Industry: Scientific Research - Health/Medicine/Pharmacology
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $115,525.00 - 35,960.00 / Year*
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you ll be part of a team that s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for effectively applying the principles of practice management to manage, direct, and coordinate the operation of a medical practice in order to achieve health center/clinic and organizational objectives.
1. Responsible for managing daily administrative, business, and clinical operations for the population served at the health center/clinic. Organizes personnel to participate in broader population activities.
2. Seeks to enhance patient satisfaction in health center/clinic. Assists with patient complaints, guiding the situation toward resolution or directing/escalating to the proper resource for resolution.
3. Assists with effective facility management to include co-locators and support services as measured by space planning, cleanliness, functioning of equipment, and overall environmental safety. Assists with the timely and effective maintenance of equipment and rooms to ensure maximum productivity.
4. Analyzes critical operations on an ongoing basis. Provides weekly, monthly, and annual reports to evaluate and demonstrate practice performance. Communicates results to Population Health administration.
5. Responsible for participating in on-going activity with divisional performance improvements program. Actively participates in other clinical improvement activities.
Management or supervisory roles focused on operational, functional, and/or business strategy and activities within a specified area of responsibility. The majority of time is spent planning, prioritizing and/or directing the work/responsibilities of teams/colleagues. Goal achievement is typically accomplished through strong management of others to ensure operational, functional and/or business results.
- Primary responsibilities include managing teams/colleagues
- Contributes to and/or establishes operational, functional, and/or business plans that have short- to long-term impact on department and/or functional results
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own department or function, which may include external customers or vendors
- Responsible for coaching, leading and mentoring emerging talent and developing the talent pipeline
Leadership & Talent Management
- Primarily manages professional level employees
- Responsible for work and results of direct reports
- Over one (1) functional area
- Plans and establishes goals and objectives for a team of professional staff and/or one or more large teams of operational or functional staff to accomplish outcomes that have direct impact on department results
- Contributes to tactical and operational, functional, and/or business plans with short-to midterm impact on department results (e.g., 1 to 3 years)
- May have budget accountability for area of responsibility, or manage elements of the budget
Knowledge & Experience
- Understands practical management approaches such as management of workflow, quality review, coaching, and performance management
- Requires advanced knowledge of a specific discipline and broad knowledge of related job areas
Communication & Influence
- May influence outside of own department, while balancing internal, divergent objectives to gain cooperation of other parties
- Communicates to parties both within and outside of own department
- Requires a four year degree in applicable area of study
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Healthcare Administration, or a related field.
Years of Experience
- > 8
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) or obtain within 30 days of
placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30
days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement role.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Associated topics: bilingual, clinic, family, family medicine, family medicine physician, hospitalist, physician md, practitioner, urgent, urgent care
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Dallas, TX!