The Triage Nurse develops and implements the nursing plan of care for patients. The Triage Nurse communicates the plan of care to patients as prescribed by physician, including test results, scheduling of specialized tests and treatment modalities, prescription instructions, and other patient education including procedures and/or disease processes, etc., documenting the treatment plan in the medical record appropriately. Using the nursing process, the Triage Nurse triages patient concerns via telephone and provides nursing advice, receives phones call relating to appointments, urgent care, inpatient admissions, prescription refills, and test results in accordance with clinical protocols and coordinate proper disposition of each, and makes pre and post procedure phone calls to patients.
This position reports to the Practice Manager and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
* Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing program or accredited Registered Nursing program required
* Current Massachusetts licensure as an LPN or RN required
* Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
* One (1) to three (3) years experience as an LPN or RN required; physician office experience preferred
* Demonstrated strong clinical, interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills required
Associated topics: lead, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lvn lpn, med, nurse i, nurse ii, nurse iv, nurses, practical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...