Reliant Medical Group is seeking a Registered Nurse ( RN ) to join our excited and innovative organization!
Position: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
No Weekends, No Holidays
Department: Float Pool
This position will be required to float between all Worcester county sites.
Responsible for the effective delivery and management of direct patient care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to standards of nursing practice. Provides appropriate care to patients ranging within the ages of infants to geriatrics. Provides pre-visit and post-visit telephonic support and patient education, populating the Electronic Medical Record with historical information, lab findings, and preliminary orders to be reviewed by the physician at the next clinic visit. Ad hoc visits to the clinical sites will also be scheduled to enhance coordination of team-based care.
* Provides effective patient care directly to patients or through telephone management
* Delivers care based on patient's specific needs. Interviews patient and or significant other(s) on admission. Uses observation skills to assess patient, including physical, psychosocial and behavioral status. Identifies and prioritizes patient problems based on assessments.
* Plans for care collaboratively with the patient as well as multidisciplinary healthcare team. Involves patient and significant other(s) based on patient needs.
* Implements interventions. Evaluates or revises the plan based on patient needs or outcomes.
* Initiates nursing interventions that assist the patient to maximize health capabilities. Reassess and revise plan of care according to patient or significant other(s) education needs. Utilizes EMR tools to proactively ensure that all primary and secondary prevention services are accomplished in a timely fashion.
* Administers, monitors and evaluates all therapeutic interventions including but not limited to safe medication administration according to Standard Policies and Procedures and applicable state and federal laws, including but not limited to Immunizations, Department specific medications.
* After completion of a training program, starts intravenous therapy for hydration and administration of medications as required.
* Administers intravenous medications, including limited IV push medications depending on patient population, e.g. Urgent Care versus Primary Care patients, as required.
* Maintains a latex safe environment for patients.
* Involves patient and significant other(s) based on patient needs.
* Consistently documents all the aspects of patient care and patient education. Reports pertinent information to physician.
* Ensures nursing judgments and plan are based on physical and psychosocial needs.
* Identifies emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing orders/interventions. Meets patient needs promptly. Provides for cultural and diverse needs of the patient when providing care.
* Delegates patient care responsibilities to other members of the healthcare team, when appropriate.
* Manages care of the patient according to the standards of care, including age appropriate standards. Collaborates with multidisciplinary healthcare team.
* Utilizes patient care equipment appropriately and safely. Documents and incorporates the information in the station specific equipment manual in providing safe patient care.
* Incorporates organizational, nursing and department-specific policies, procedures and protocols into the delivery of patient care.
* Completes all organizational and department specific nursing/clinical educational competencies.
* Completes and demonstrates knowledge of mandatory programs/information. Information to be completed includes: Fire Safety; Disaster Plan/Utility Failure; Hazard Communication Standards (MSDS) sheets, if appropriate; Infection Control/Universal Precautions; Equipment Failures (Safety Medical Device Act); Security; Department's Office Manual; M.G.L.A. 112 Section 5F (Reports of Violation); M.G.L.A. 111 Section 70E (Patient Bill of Rights); As defined by Department/Specialty e.g.., BLS, Ergonomics , new equipment.
* Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc.
* Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
* Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
* Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed.
* Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
* Regular, reliable and predicable attendance is required.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Currently licensed as a RN in the State of Massachusetts. Basic Life Support (BLS).
* Fifteen hours of continuing education every two years.
* Certification in specialty strongly recommended. BLS/CPR certification.
* Experience in an ambulatory care setting with telephone triage is desirable.
* One year Medical/Surgical or Specialty experience.
* Any unit-specific criteria including age-specific, technology and equipment.
* Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills.
* Knowledge of various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.
Associated topics: anesthetist, certified nurse midwife, clinical, cnm, crna, english, family, family medicine, prn, spanish
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...