Registered Nurse - Hospice
Currently in search of a Registered Nurse to join us full-time at Serenity Hospice.
We want RNs who care deeply about creating a culture of compassion and comfort for our patients, and we take pride in showing that same dedication to you and yours. Beyond our competitive pay, we are proud to offer outstanding benefits.
401K Retirement Plans
Complete Insurance Packages
Generous Paid Vacation
Dynamic Growth Opportunities
About Serenity Hospice:
Serenity Hospice has deep industry expertise. By joining our organization, hospice agencies are able to leverage our business acumen and back office support, which allows the local leadership to return their focus to patient care. Serenity Hospice is dedicated to the highest level of patient care and customer service. We are continually evaluating our care from the patient and family perspective as well as the quality of care and service perspective. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our patients, their loved ones and our healthcare provider partners who trust us to care for their patients at their time of greatest need.
OR Registered Nurse License
Valid Drivers License
Experience in home care or hospice nursing is preferred.
Duties of Hospice Registered Nurse:
- Provide skilled nursing patient care or service within the established plan of care.
- Coordinate all after hour services relative to providing skilled nursing care.
- Demonstrate exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources, and co-workers.
- Assist team members as needed to ensure that this level of service is consistently provided.
- Assess patient physical, psychological, social, and environmental status; identify problems and appropriate interventions and initiates the Plan of Care based on these findings. Include the patient and family in the planning process.
- Report pertinent observations and reactions regarding changes in patient status; identifies problems and appropriate interventions and updates the Plan of Care based on these findings.
- Communicates with the Clinical Team Lead and physician regarding observations and recommended interventions.
- Teach the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate.
- Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers.
- Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Ensure that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are provided timely.
- Assist the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial support.
- Complete all documentation in a concise, accurate and timely manner.
- Provide written instructions to home health aides for patient care consistent with the established plan of care.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, cardiothoracic, care, ccu, domiciliary, hospice, intensive, maternal, staff nurse