To enrich the quality of life of our residents by creating a sustainable, nurturing and professional environment through caring, personalized service.Purpose
The primary purpose of this position is to provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the assessment and care plan.Essential Job Functions Duties and ResponsibilitiesPersonal Nursing Functions
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the nurse, e.g. range of motion exercises, assistance in ambulation or exercises.
- Performs personal care activities including bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, skin care/nail care, oral hygiene, shaving, dressing, and others as directed/requested.
- Performs household services essential to health care at home including meal preparation/feeding, laundry and ironing, changing/laundering bed linens, light housekeeping and other services as offered.
- Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents. Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
- Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the nurse.
- Responds promptly and courteously to resident requests for assistance and emergency pull cords.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for residents by observing infection control practices, following facility guidelines, and reporting unsafe situation to the nurse.
- Assist residents in preparing and transporting for appointments and social programs.
- Assist with moving and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist residents to walk with or without selfhelp devices as instructed.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.Education and Experience
Prefer 6 months or more in home care or assisted living experience.Licensing/Certifications
Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant and a licensed Medication Assistant in accordance with laws of this state.
Associated topics: arnp c, assessments, associate, bilingual, care nurse, certified nurse midwife, family, gerontological nurse practitioner, midwife, prac