RN Clinical House Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
A respectful and challenging work environment, supportive colleagues, vibrant communities, and the great feeling that comes with making a difference in other people's lives. These are just a few of the reasons to choose ThedaCare as the home for your career!
We are looking for team members who put our patients and families at the center of their work; who have an unrelenting passion for safety and quality; and who will contribute to a great working environment where everyone can do their best.
Job Description Summary :
The RN Clinical House Supervisor provides patient-centered, specialized, and evidence-based nursing care across the continuum through an inter-professional approach to treatment, research, education, and advocacy. Serves as the onsite hospital administrative authority in the absence of hospital or nursing administration, working as necessary with the director of nursing, unit directors, managers, and the hospital administrator on-call regarding complex administrative decisions in support of daily operations to ensure regulatory compliance. Is responsible for patient outcomes that meet high quality of care standards.
- Provides oversight of acute patient care resource allocation, unit operations, and patient flow in a manner to promote patient safety and satisfaction.
- Serves as a role model of organizational service standards, mission, vision, and values. Assists team members in understanding how their day-to-day jobs contribute to ThedaCare strategy.
- Serves as the representative leader to varied services (i.e., employee health, human resources, infection prevention, health information, and risk management) to ensure service availability.
- Participates as an active member in committee work, leadership meetings, and projects to contribute to strategic planning.
- Communicates practice alerts, policy changes, and educational opportunities to team members during rounds and at bed huddles.
- Responds to emergency situations including medical and facility codes. Facilitates the movement of patients to a higher level of care as necessary.
- Provides consultation and maintains positive relationships with physicians and other inter-professional team members, collaborates to problem solve, and escalates appropriately to ensure safe patient care.
- Ensures patients are placed expeditiously to the right level of care as bed requests are received. Monitors patient flow through collection of data and report sharing for assessing opportunities to improve quality.
- Works with direct access to ensure the smooth inter-facility transfer of patients to and from our facilities.
- Provides accurate reports and hand-offs to oncoming shifts, director of nursing, and hospital administrator on-call to ensure continuity of operations through the next shift.
- Is responsible for the coordination of activities and ensures continual compliance with regulatory standards (i.e., The Joint Commission, CMS, and AHCA).
- Demonstrates, anticipates, and proactively manages risks to prevent crises.
• Bachelor of Science in nursing
• Current Wisconsin RN license
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
• ACLS, Advanced Cardiac Life Support
• Three years of clinical experience
• Two years of experience leading projects, a council/committee, and/or clinical improvement work
• Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
• Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
• Auditory and visual ability to assess and provide nursing care
• Ability to move throughout hospital departments and floors on a daily basis
• Frequent exposure to sharp objects and instruments
• Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock
• Occasional high noise level in work environment
• Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, and pharmacological agents
• Standing and/or walking for extended periods of time
• Transporting, transferring, positioning patients and/or equipment from one location to another; little likelihood for injury if proper body mechanics and procedures are followed
• Occasional contact with aggressive and combative patients
SHIFT: 12 hour Shifts Every Weekend
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
ThedaCare Regional Medical Center - Neenah - Neenah,Wisconsin
NoPandoLogic. Keywords: Nursing House Supervisor, Location: Neenah, WI - 54957
Loading some great jobs for you...