At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 194361
Title: Clinical Pharmacist
Posting Date: August 22, 2019
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus
Evenings, weekend rotation, holidays by rotation
The clinical pharmacist provides comprehensive medication management services that integrate clinical services, order management, patient/staff education and research. Clinical pharmacists are responsible for improving the patient's experience, safety, and achieving positive clinical and financial outcomes. This position is responsible to an immediate supervisor with co-supervision provided by the management team.
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) degree OR Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (BSPharm) degree with 3 years hospital experience required. ASHP Accredited Residency in Pharmacy Practice (PGY1) is recommended. Licensure with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy is required.
* Participates in the drug therapy management of medical emergencies.
* Facilitates discharge planning and smooth transition to alternate sites of care and access to an ambulatory pharmacy.
* Maintains and updates a patient profile with demographics, diagnosis, allergies, and current medications.
* Discusses medication order clarifications with the prescriber, documents any pharmacy records, and communicates medication order changes as needed.
* Reconciles pharmacy and nursing medication administration records (MARs) daily.
Standards of Respect:
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
Associated topics: clinical, diet, drug, immunohematology, injury, kinesiology, metabolism, microbiological, nutrition, patient
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...