LPN, Ambulatory, OBGYN
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 194087
Title: LPN Ambulatory
Department: Women Services
Posting Date: August 8, 2019
Shift Length: 8 Hrs
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center - Memorial Campus
Will require floating between all clinics within Woman's Health to assist with day to day clinic operations as well as coverage for sick calls, vacations, FMLA's, etc.
Under supervision of a Licensed Independent Practitioner (L.I.P.) and or Registered Nurse (R.N.), performs selected and delegates nursing tasks in the care of patients.
OB/GYN office or clinic experience preferred. EPIC experience a plus.
Completion of an accredited school of practical nursing program. Current Massachusetts licensure required. Knowledge of basic nursing procedures.
Strong interpersonal skills are required to gather information from individuals, build relationships that support collaborative work within the department and across the organization and provide exceptional service to patients.
Ability to take direction from a patient or provider, adjusts equipment, observe and describe patient observations. Must be able to lift, up to 50 pounds. Work is of heavy demand, standing and walking most of the time with the possibility of pushing heavy equipment and bending frequently.
* Assists in patient assessment according to standard procedure and needs of patient and their families
* Administers medications, performs treatment therapies, and operates equipment according to policy and procedure.
* Assists in implementation and evaluation of care plan including long and short-term goals, nursing actions and teaching
* Documents patient care according to standard procedure. Records and reports observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in patient condition to L.I.P. and or R.N. and assists in analyzing and interpreting patient data.
* Assists physician with treatments, procedures, and special tests as required or directed.
Standards of Respect:
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
Associated topics: advanced practice registered nurse, assessments, board, cardiology, crna, family medicine, practice, specialis, specialist, splst
Loading some great jobs for you...