LPN - Acute Rehab - PRN
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
Valley View Medical Center
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for a given population based upon age specific and cultural needs. This is done in a collaborative multidisciplinary approach embracing quality and safety and providing physical and psychological support along the healthcare continuum. Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties the incumbent will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position description does not restrict the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities with and without notice
• Uses critical thinking and nursing judgements to analyze assessment data to make
independent nursing decisions and formulate nursing diagnoses.
• Based on assessments and analysis of data, the RN formulates, modifies, and prioritizes
strategies to meet the patient’s goals.
• Assigns nursing activities to other RN’s, and delegates activities to LPN’s within their
scope of practice and UAP’s within their competency.
• The RN supervises, monitors, and evaluates the care of delegated tasks.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and
actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital philosophies and standards of care set by Arizona State Board of Nursing, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to the maintenance of a safe working environment and the employee’s own personal safety.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes action to maintain a safe environment
- Adheres to Life Safety Codes, MSDS, Infection Control, and all other regulatory and hospital policies.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by completing Life Talent assignments, maintaining professional certifications and licensure requirements.
- Promotes cooperative relationships among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort in accomplishing departmental goals and objectives
- Strives daily to give all customers excellent care and promotes Valley View Medical Centers’ Standards of Behavior
Licensure Required Upon Hire:
Valid Arizona R.N. licensure required, or valid multi-state license from a recognized compact state acceptable to Arizona.
Certifications Required Upon Hire:
Certifications Required Within 90 Days of Hire:
2 years RN exp. - 1 year Acute Care exp.
Special Skills & Qualifications:
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
- Must possess the ability to delegate tasks to subordinate team members and oversee their performance.
- Must have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective human relations skills interacting with team members, staff, physicians, patients, families and other contacts.
- Must possess the ability to ability to effectively function in a stressful environment.
- Must possess the ability to remain on their feet for extended periods of time and lift heavy objects
- Assist patients to and from bed/wheelchair/gurney; and to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Must possess the ability to use the following equipment: Telephone / Overhead Paging System / Fax Machine / Calculator / Computer / Wheelchair / Gurney / Hospital Beds.
- Must be able to work any scheduled shifts, periodic overtime, and be prepared to take call as requested.
- Ability to respond to on-call activation within 30 minutes for departments with 24/7 call coverage
Loading some great jobs for you...