- Virtua Health
- $82,010.00 -105,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
22 Bong Terrace
HELPING YOU BE WELL, GET WELL AND STAY WELL
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
1st Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:
Mount Holly, NJ
Assists Nurse Director / Manager in the coordination of the clinical/business activities on the units so that optimum quality of patient care is delivered in a cost-effective manner.
Promotes independent decision making and accountability.
Evaluates existing programs and takes strategic approach to creative solutions and change.
Promotes a climate for effective performance.
* Assists Nurse Director / Manager in overall manager/leadership responsibilities for assigned department.
* Assist with coaching and counseling employees to maintain high performance standards, and provides input into performance evaluations. Delegates tasks as appropriate based upon patient need and staff qualifications.
* Maintains day to day operations, including items such as bed flow; where applicable, patient rounding, collaborating with other departments, chart checks, and clinical support. Models appropriate behaviors to support customer satisfaction.
* Demonstrates and promotes fiscal responsibility.
* Assists with coordinating inventory consignment and purchasing contracts, billing process/issues and report generating when appropriate.
* Assists with managing staff levels by implementation and coordination of unit staffing for nursing care.
* Monitors quality metrics and facilitates performance improvement activities, by reviewing charts, and coaching staff appropriately.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
2 years recent clinical/cath lab experience required.
Broad knowledge of nursing practice and ability to apply specific skills in nursing intervention.
Competency in management and leadership skills.
Graduate of accredited School of Nursing.
BSN preferred in related field.
Current NJ RN license, BLS.
Appropriate certification as required by specialty or regulatory agency.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, cardiothoracic, ccu, coronary, domiciliary, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, registed
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...